Friday, July 13, 2007

Review: Hydrogen Drum Machine


What can I say but that I have not been this excited to make beats sine 1990 when I scored a Roland R-8 drum machine with the 3 card port. After spending 10 straight hours yesterday using Hydrogen-drums from hydrogen-music I can officially say WOW!
What is so impressive about Hydrogen is it's ease of use for even a seasoned drum machine veteran. Now at first glance I didn't really see the greatness of the product, but once I sat down a few days ago, I began to see the tremendous power, thought and utility of the software. Hydrogen kinda reminds me of my old Alesis SR-16 drum machine, a little droid that can deliver the goods. Once deep into the GUI I was able to pull off Daft Punk type low pass filter tweaks while going wild with Steve Harris' LADSPA plug-ins. Additional features like constant CPU load GUI meter and JACK transport on and off button makes Hydrogen-Drums my favorite and last drum machine. Sweet drum banks like classic 808, 909, 707 (you need 707 for the perfect hand clap) and many others left me doing something I have never done...(not looking around for another drum machine to get the perfect sound) and oh yeah one more thing it's FREE!

Hydrogen Drums gets my absolute highest praise!

Ronald Stewart
Creative Director
www.trinityaudiogroup.com

No comments: